Prevent Cavities – “Consuming dairy products is vital to maintaining good overall health, and it’s especially important to bone health. But there has been little research about how dairy products affect oral health.” …
Cheese And Dairy Products May Prevent Cavities
Dental Health For Kids Made Easier!
A new study published in the May/June 2013 issue of General Dentistry, the peer-reviewed clinical journal of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), indicates that consuming cheese and other dairy products may help protect teeth against cavities. The dental plaque pH in the subjects’ mouths was tested before and after they consumed cheese, milk, or sugar-free yogurt. A pH level lower than 5.5 puts a person at risk for tooth erosion. The higher the pH level is above 5.5, the lower the chance of developing cavities. Subjects who ate cheese, showed a rapid increase in pH levels, suggesting that cheese has anti-cavity properties.
This study has great potential in dental health for kids. Do your children brush their teeth properly? Do they brush for three minutes? Do they get all of the plaque off their teeth? Or do you have to check to see if the toothbrush is wet after they say they have brushed their teeth? It would be great to be able to give your kids a cheese stick and know that it is helping to prevent cavities.
Learn more about the study in this article at “Medical News Today” about dairy preventing cavities:
“It looks like dairy does the mouth good,” says AGD spokesperson Seung-Hee Rhee, DDS, FAGD. “Not only are dairy products a healthy alternative to carb- or sugar-filled snacks, they also may be considered as a preventive measure against cavities.”[…]
5 Health Benefits Of Cheese
The health benefits of cheese are sometimes overlooked because of its high natural fat content, which will cause weight gain if too much is consumed. However, a low-fat cheese can be very healthy for you to eat and perfect for keeping your weight balanced.
1) Nutrition – High quality proteins, calcium, phosphorous, zinc, vitamin A, riboflavin, and vitamin B12.
2) Cancer Prevention – Contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Sphingolipids that help prevent cancer.
3) Weight Gain – High natural fat content will help increase muscle weight, fat, or bone density.
4) Calcium – Extremely high calcium content. Calcium is essential for bone development and growth in children. Osteoporosis is a disease causing brittle or soft bones because of a lack of calcium. Cheese is a perfect way to help bolster bone density of those suffering from Osteoporosis.
5) Vitamin B – High in vitamin B. Vitamin-B is very good for maintaining many functions in the body, and also for protection against diseases. Vitamin-B also aids in the proper absorption and distribution of calcium.[magicactionbox id=”6908″] Prevent Cavities.