Lower Blood Pressure Naturally – “The impact of eating nuts has been evident for the past decade as repeated scientific studies confirm that the omega-3 fats in this tasty nut promote cardiovascular health as they improve cholesterol biomarkers.
Lower Blood Pressure Naturally:
Eating Walnuts And Walnut Oils Slashes Heart Disease
More Research Demonstrates The Benefits of Omega 3 Fats
There are many health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. There are several types of omega-3 fats. The 2 crucial ones are EPA and DHA which are primarily found in certain fish. Plants like flax and nuts contain ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid that is partially converted into DHA and EPA in the body.
The human body can make most of the types of fats it needs from other fats or raw materials. This is not the case for omega-3 fats. These are essential fats that the body can not make but must be gotten from food. Foods that are believed to lower blood pressure because they are high in Omega 3 fats can include fish, vegetable oils, nuts (especially walnuts), flax seeds, flax seed oil, and leafy vegetables. Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides, and there are studies showing that omega 3’s may help with other conditions.
Here’s an article by John Phillip at “Natural News”. It provides a synopsis of research conducted by a research team from Penn State, Tufts University, and the University of Pennsylvania about how nuts can lower blood pressure naturally.
Eating Walnuts And Walnut Oils Slashes Heart Disease Risk
Dr. Penny Kris-Etherton commented, “We already know that eating walnuts in a heart-healthy diet can lower blood cholesterol levels… but, until now, we did not know what component of the walnut was providing this benefit. Now we understand additional ways in which whole walnuts and their oil components can improve heart health.” The team found that the essential oils in walnuts and walnut oils help to preserve blood vessel wall elasticity and can provide health-promoting effects within thirty minutes after consumption.[…]
Click Here To View Original Web Page At: www.NaturalNews.com
Omega 3 Benefits
Omega 3 benefits are numerous. The following is a brief list of diseases and conditions that can be improved by including Omega 3 fats in your diet:
1) Triglycerides – Omega 3’s cut elevated triglyceride levels. Having high levels of blood fat triglycerides is a risk factor for heart disease. DHA alone has also been shown to lower triglycerides.
2) Cardiovascular health – Omega 3’s appear to lower the overall risk of death from heart disease. Fish oil may reduce arrhythmia, and people who take supplements to lower blood pressure after a heart attack cut their risk of having another heart attack. Eating fish once or twice a week seems to significantly lower the risk of stroke.
3) Rheumatoid arthritis – Omega 3’s [EPA+DHA] significantly reduced stiffness and joint pain. Omega-3 supplements also seem to boost the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs.
4) Depression – People that eat foods with high levels of omega-3s have lower levels of depression. Fish oil also seems to boost the effects of antidepressants. Fish oil may help reduce the depressive symptoms of bipolar disorder.
5) Prenatal health – EPA and DHA supplementation during pregnancy boost the health of pregnant women and the development of their children. DHA appears to be important for visual and neurological development in infants.
6) Asthma – Omega 3’s reduce inflammation, a key component in asthma. However, more studies are needed to show if fish oil supplements improve lung function or reduce the amount of medication a person needs to control their disease.
7) ADHD – Fish oil can reduce the symptoms of ADHD in some children and improve their cognitive function. However, more research is needed in this area, and Omega-3 supplements as a primary treatment for this disorder are not supported by research.
8) Alzheimer’s disease and dementia – Omega-3s may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Recent studies have evaluated whether DHA can slow the decline seen in those with Alzheimer’s dementia. Another recent study showed that DHA may have a positive effect on gradual memory loss associated with aging. However, more research needs to be done.
===================================[magicactionbox id=”6908″] Lower Blood Pressure Naturally.
Leave A Comment